Are you an engineer? Live in metro Atlanta? You may want to stay put.
According to SpareFoot, Atlanta is the best city for engineering jobs. The company evaluated job availability, median salary, median home price and median annual rent across U.S. cities.
With relatively high salaries and sensible home prices, Atlanta is at the top of the list:
- Average annual salary: $113,000
- Median home price: $170,400
- Salary as a percentage of home price: 66 percent
- Median annual rent: $11,484
- Rent as a percentage of income: 10 percent
- Major employers: Delta Air Lines, AT&T, Cox Enterprises, IBM, Lockheed Martin, Turner Broadcasting Systems, EarthLink, BlueLinx, Coca-Cola, Georgia Tech Research Institute, General Electric
10. San Diego, Calif.
9. Washington, D.C.
8. Austin, Texas
7. San Jose, Calif.
6. Dallas, Texas
5. San Francisco, Calif.
4. New York, N.Y.
3. Chicago, Ill.
2. Houston, Texas
1. Atlanta, Ga.